On August 30, 2018, the Korea Institute of Criminology (KIC) participated in a study visit with the Central Control Center for the Electronic Monitoring System (EMS) at the Ministry of Justice. The Central Control Center informed KIC of their role and operation of the global positioning system (GPS) based tracking system for offenders. A list of topics presented and discussed are listed below.
1. Operating the GPS tracking system
2. Electronic Monitoring System management
3. Location of the offenders wearing the electronic bracelet
4. Geographic positioning and compliance monitoring
5. Analysis of violation alerts and emergency response
6. Storage, use, and disposal of the geographic positioning of offenders